Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Smokies and the boy

Puppy (3 years old) was served two little smokies (small breakfast sausage), a hardboiled egg, a cup of milk, and a frosted Christmas cookie for breakfast. He finished the cookie, the smokies, had a little milk, then went upstairs to grab some additional smokies on his own. I had left the bag on the counter. He came downstairs with two more and the following conversation ensued:

Me: Puppy, you cannot have any more smokies until you finish your egg.

Puppy: I'm not going to eat them, I'm just going to put them on my plate.

Me: They can be on your plate, but you have to eat your egg first
(he proceeds to put a smoky in his mouth)

Me: I'm going to take those smokies away if you don't eat your egg first

Puppy: But I don't want to eat my egg.

Me: I love you to much to argue.

Puppy: (under his breath) I don't love you.

Me: Why don't I hold those smokies for you.

Puppy: (taking off with the smokies) Wheeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
(five minutes later - Puppy returns)

Me: What happened to the smokies.

Puppy: I put them back in the bag.


Me: Did you really put them bag in the bag.

Puppy: (looking away and slightly under his breathe) Yes.

I went and put the smokies away. May your breakfast episodes be as fun as ours.

4 comments:

Anonymous

"I love you too much to argue..."

That will be my new mantra, as it seems that EVERYTHING is an argument with almost-3 year old Woobie these days. Everything.

Heather

For the record, I was not involved in serving our son cookies and processed meat for breakfast!

(A)Dad

@Heather - He did have milk eggs and a banana to round it out. I didn't think the cookie was that worse than having his advent candy in the morning or pancakes.

Anonymous

Do I hear a little "love and logic" going on? Yea!

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP