Paint Nicholas and Snow Ball Fights
First, I want to apologize for being such a lame blogger. My wife is such a master at writing touching and moving items, that I felt if I didn't have something great to say, I shouldn't waste every one's time. But I'm going to try to not be so serious about what I write, we'll see if it sticks. Wow, I'm lame. Anyways....
This morning Puppy informed me that Santa Claus has a different name. His friend told him that Santa is called "Paint Nicholas." Of course I tried to tell him that its "Saint" Nicholas, but he would have none of it. My 3 year old is an expert already. Mr. Paint's favorite color is Red I'm told and he likes to paint things when he gives gifts.
This week we've been snowed in, and as a school teacher I haven't had to go to work. So Puppy and I worked on our Snow Angel ability, tried to build snow toddlers out of fresh powder, and learned to put chains on our pickup. There is nothing like playing in the snow with a little guy who is full of joy and wonder. My buddy told me to not get lost in the fact that he's so small that we can't throw the ball back and forth. But I should focus on enjoying the stage that he's in. So yesterday our snow ball fight consisted of me making a snow ball and throwing it at him. He laughed and laughed and laughed. Then came, "Daddy make me one." So I made him one and he tried to throw it at me. It would never really hit me, but I faked it every time and fell in the snow with much theatrics. We had a blast.
Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy the season.


2 comments:
welcome back. you're still in my readers, so we haven't forgotten about you.
no need for insightful earth shattering posts every day. just sharing a moment like that is lovely.
If we all tried to write as poignantly as your wife, there would be very few blogs. I love reading about the day-to-day stuff. Especially adorable stories about Paint Nicholas and daddy/son fun.
Post a Comment