Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great Questions and a 3 year olds strong statements

So in my last post I asked if there were any questions you all might have and I got some great ones.
1) How did Hero and I meet.

2) Do you feel that adopting children has made you a better Dad.. than if you had children without adoption? ....when it comes to your fears as a adoptive parent (if any) are they more your fears or your wife's fears. Were you both on the same page of wanting open adoptions with your children's first parents?

Awesome. Its going to take some time to give true and complete answer to these, but my mind is already formulating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm giving Puppy and Firefly a bath, Hero was gone at a meeting, and feeling like I was doing a fairly good job, despite flying solo. I had Firefly out, in her jammies, greased up, and hair twisted and it was time to pry Puppy and his wrinkly toes from the luke-warm water.

"Ok Puppy, do you want to get out now, or in 1 minute?"

"NO!! In One SECOND!!" He emphatically states.

"Ok."

20 seconds go by.

"Alright, your second is up, time to get out."

"NOOOOOOOOOO, 3 seconds. 3 seconds I said." He pleads.

Tonight as I told him it was 8:30 and time to get ready for bed, he grabbed my watch and insisted that it was "3:40", "see?" as he made me look at my watch.

I love how time is relative to a 3 year old. I have found when I worry about time and being productive when I'm with him I'm constantly frustrated and feeling antsy. When I can let go of time and just take in all that he brings with his personality and perspective, I can't help but crack up.

2 comments:

luna

I forgot to add my question before. I wanted to know, if you're willing to share, how you responded to puppy referring to ray as "daddy." I loved heather's post about letting the kids feel out what feels right to them (i.e., it's not about us, it's about them). I just wondered if you were willing to share more about this or how you might handle another similar situation.

that was sort of long-winded, sorry. and thanks!

(A)Dad

@luna - Great question. I am totally going to answer this one. It just may take me a bit. Thanks for asking.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP