Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reaching Out: An Update

Well so far things are going well. Firefly's birth dad received the card today and called me right away. I only got his message but it seemed warm and he was eager to see Firefly. I'm hoping to call him back tonight and get something on the calendar.

I'll let you know how it goes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Hero recently let me know that (A)Dad was listed as one of 101 Best Blogs on Adoption, Loss, and Infertility. Her blog, www.produtionnotreproduction.com was also listed. Now it made me feel two things when I heard this. One, wow, how neat it is to be included. Then two, dude, why is mine on the list? My theory is that there are not a lot of male points of view on adoption blogs out there, but I'm not sure. I visited some of the other blogs on the list and they were quite thoughtful and excellent. Still the fact that some are finding what I right meaningful motivates me to continue.

Thank you all.

The link to the site is and the full list is:
http://www.growninmyheart.com/101-best-adoption-loss-and-infertility-blogs

2 comments:

Chris

Speaking as one guy to another, it is a bit lonely out here in adoption blogland for us! Thanks for sharing your perspective. It's a pleasant reminder that I'm not the only (prospective) adoptive dad out here who wants to share his thoughts on it all.

Lori

Congrats on the nod! And best wishes on the contact. I hope this is the start of a closer relationship for all of you.

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP