My folks are comin' over for a visit
So in about an hour, my folks and my dad's mom are arriving for a 4 day visit. I'm excited, but nervous. Nervous, because they drive Hero crazy. Any one relate?
Last time they were here we started talking politics (big mistake) and as she began to get frustrated with my parents, she politely said "you know, for the sake of family harmony maybe we should change the topic of conversation," to which my dad ignored and went on a 15 minute explanation for why people don't warm up to Hillary Clinton. Yeah, lets hope for a better visit this time.
I just try to remember its all about the grandkids. BTW, Great Grandma T will be seeing Firefly for the first time, so maybe you all could pour one out for the multi-racial family harmony that we all hope for.


3 comments:
I can totally relate with Hero. Politics are a touchy subject in our household and extended family too.
I hope the visit is a good one and that G.Grandma T behaves herself. Sending you lots of multi-racial and bi-political family harmony vibes for the next four days.
yeah, good luck with that, on all fronts. family relations can be tricky that way...
Sending positive thoughts your way.... Conversations about politics are pretty much forbidden in my family (at least by me they are - I just completely ignore them if they start), so I can absolutely relate. Hopefully everyone will realize that it IS all about the kids.
Post a Comment