Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I love being a dad

So today I'm at work, and amidst playful banter one of my coworkers said "T can't do it, he'll be to busy playing with his kids..." I guess I'm nurturing a reputation as an involved dad, I'll take that as a compliment. But anyways, I'm a lame blogger, for reals, because I haven't posted since the 12th. I'm sorry, I just feel like I have nothing to say sometimes.

But I do love being a dad. Tonight, after a very energetic game of T-ball, Puppy and I went on a walk to see the tractor down the street. We stopped every 5 feet or so to pick up special rocks. They are the smooth ones. We saw cats, sticks, and brought home a pocketful of rocks that were carefully deposited in the sandbox in back. At one point he was sitting on the sidewalk, slowly un-velcroing one of his cargo pockets on his awesome little cargo pants so he could make sure he took all of his rocks home.

On the way back we held hands, well it was just him holding my finger, and inspected a couple of rock gardens that had large smooth rocks. Unfortunately, we had to leave those rocks there.

It was after dinner, it was slightly breezy outside, and it took us 30 minutes to walk 10 houses down the street and back. It was awesome.

I love being a dad.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Minimalist F' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP