I need a Hero
So Hero has gone on a 3 day work trip, leaving me with full parenting duties. The night time ritual has taken twice as long, mornings are a quick banana and a jump in the car, and I've gotten to try my skill at managing Firefly's curls. I'm doing ok, I guess. But gosh I miss her.
There's something about being away from your partner, where you have to do it all, when you are reminded of how deeply dependent on that person you really all. I also don't know how single parents do it. Man, they have my utmost respect.
I hadn't made one day and we were having dinner at McDonalds. But I promise tomorrow I'm making spaghetti and a salad. I did get Puppy the apple dippers and had him eat a peach when we got home which he devoured. There is something about him and fruit, he loves it like I love fine microbrews.
Here is to our partners, the ones who keep us sane, the ones we love. May they always know how precious they are to us.


4 comments:
Having just spent 9 days away from my partner I hear ya! Of course in my case she had Liam with her, so I only had to fend for myself, but still! That was hard enough.
I miss you, too.
Amazing what a little time away makes us realize.
@mynameisandy and ariella- For sure, good thing she comes home in 2 hours, I'm counting the minutes.
Post a Comment